Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Creation Celebration



Readings of the Day
2 Samuel 4:1-6:23- David danced before the LORD with all his might...
John 13:31-14:14- I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
Psalm 119:17-32- I run the way of your commandments, for you enlarge my understanding.
Proverbs 15:31-32- The ear that heeds wholesome admonition will lodge among the wise.



God's Word of the Day
Look at all of creation and dance in celebration of the varieties of Love that have surrounded you.

Story of the Day
Her eyes brightened at the sight of so many creatures. As we looked together on the elephant, giraffe and the rhinoceros, her eyes would brighten and then her little hand would reach out as if to acknowledge their beauty with a touch.

My older eyes were given wisdom in the eyes of one less that two years old. God has surrounded us with the creation of His Love. God has given us a gift of life. A gift of life in this young granddaughter in my arms and a gift of life in all that surrounded me. Her eyes allowed me to see the eyes of God all around.



As we continued in this sight and dance of life, she made me realize that the very presence, or the "ark" of God, was always before me. Always before me, above me and around me in this dance of life that He created years ago. A changing dance of life that celebrates His Son Jesus and what he did to save us all from death and eternal damnation.



Her eyes brightened as she saw the variety of life before her. My eyes brightened as I saw her teach me a new revelation about the Love of God. Our eyes brightened together with the Light of Christ that day as we both witnessed His presence before and within us this day.

Thanks be to God!













Prayer of the Day
Lord, I celebrate this day in a dance of joy for the Light of Life You have chosen to reveal. Surrounded by Your miracles of Love, may I go in Your Love, to serve and love Your creation and the lives of those I am surrounded with, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: