Friday, August 28, 2009

August 28th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=47fc3335bf3f0f69a329

Readings
Job 28:1-30:31
"God understands the way to it (wisdom), and he knows its place." - Job 28:23
2 Corinthians 2:12-17
But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads in every place the fragrance that come from knowing him. - 2 Corinthians 2:14
Psalms 42:1-11
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. - Psalms 42:11b
Proverbs 22:7

Reflection
The gift of love. Sometimes a hidden gift...sometimes a gift given that asks for no reward...sometimes a gift that receives no acknowledgment. But God understands in His ultimate wisdom this gift of Love.

God the Father cares for His children in such a way that He sees what is going on and gives His very life through His Son Jesus to His children. A gift of Love. A gift of Life. A gift of Grace. Oh how the stench of our sinful separation from the Father is made right in the wonderful fragrance of Love that spreads in every place just in our knowing Him!

Again and again in my response to this wonderful, wise, gift of Love will I praise my Father in the hope and help He has always given me.

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I see Your Love. I give You thanks for presence and help in my life. I give You thanks for all those times that I haven't recognized the presence of Your love in my life. You are my life and You are my love. ---Amen

No comments: