Monday, October 05, 2009

September 22nd to October 5th Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=6571ddfb4455ddfffb63

Readings
Isaiah 39:1-66:24
Isaiah 58:9 - Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry for help, and he will say, Here I am.
Jeremiah 1:1-6:15
Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.
Ephesians 1:1-6:24
Ephesians 1:5-6 - He destined us for adoption as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace that he freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
Philippians 1:1-4:23
Philippians 4:8 - Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Colossians 1:1-2:7
Colossians 1:17 - He himself is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Psalms 66:1-77:20
Psalm 77:14 - But I will hope continually, and will praise you yet more and more.
Proverbs 23:25-24:25
Proverbs 23:26 - My child, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways.

Reflection
Blessed be the name of the Lord! We all struggle at times, in sickness and in life. We struggle to raise our children. We struggle and lose hope at times. We struggle with doubt. We struggle in life. But as I stop and reflect upon the Word, I see a book filled with people who struggle. Israelites in the desert. Struggle with family members in deception. Struggle and wrestle with the message that God gives to us. In this Book of Faith there is story after story of people and individuals who struggle.

Yet even in the struggle, and even despite of the struggle; I see a God that comes down to His people and gets involved in the "mess" of the struggle. He not only comes to save, He comes to be involved in the struggle by our side. And in the struggle we find that we have a hope in a God who is willing to come down to His people and struggle side by side and save His people. We find a God so loving that even in our struggle, He chooses to bless us, to gift us and to graciously use us to help in the struggle of others in this world. In the struggle we meet God. In the struggle we see His face close up and personal. In the struggle we see our neighbor and our loved one. In the struggle we come face to face with God, in our self, in our neighbor and in our Savior.

Blessed be the name of the Lord! Yes He gives! And in what we think is the "take away" --- we find He still gives! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Prayer
Lord, today, show me Your face in the face of my neighbor who is struggling. Let me be Your face to them in help and comfort and love. Lord, today, may I see Your face in the midst of my struggles. I give thanks for the blessings You give, today, tomorrow and forever. Blessed be the name of the Lord! --- Amen

No comments: