Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13th - Reflection

Reading
Luke 10:21-24 (NRSV)
Blessed are the eyes that see what you see

At that same hour Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Then turning to the disciples, Jesus said to them privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it."

Reflection
As Christians, we are truly blessed. Our eyes are blessed to see what we see. And Jesus opens our eyes daily to see the blessings we are given. We are given life and a joy of fellowship in the body of Christ. We are given our daily bread, including all the we need to survive the day. We are given love for one another. And our sins are forgiven. We are truly blessed.

So today, open your eyes and look around. See the blessings we have been freely given and give thanks. Open your ears to hear the Word made flesh. Share in that life of love we have been given.

Prayer
Lord, I give your thanks for your presence in my life and in and through the lives of those you present to me daily. I give you thanks for your Spirit that richly blesses my life with joy and love. I give you thanks for daily bread and all I need to live day to day. Use me this day to show the love you freely give to those in need that they also may see and hear the truths only you can display. Reveal yourself in me, I pray. --- Amen

No comments: