Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26th - Reflection

Reading
Philippians 3:17-20 (NRSV)
Our citizenship is in heaven


Brothers and sisters, join in imitating me, and observe those who live according to the example you have in us. For many live as enemies of the cross of Christ; I have often told you of them, and now I tell you even with tears. Their end is destruction; their god is the belly; and their glory is in their shame; their minds are set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven, and it is from there that we are expecting a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reflection
As I read scripture and church history, I'm so thankful that God has given truly human examples of people that struggle with sin just as I do. People that struggle and wrestle with the Word just as I do. I'm so glad for friends and family that are willing to talk about the hard issues. Talk with one another, not from the perspective of the "Church Lady", but from the perspective of both saint and sinner in a world filled with both good and evil. I'm so glad to have a church full of sinners and saints. Sinners in that we come together and talk of the fight. Saints in that we come together with hope in the victory.

For in our fight, we see the example of Jesus in the victory. In our fight, we come to see the need for God. In our fight, we come together against a common enemy and join together with a common Victor. Our citizenship is in heaven, thanks to the action and love of Jesus Christ!

And in this hope and love, we come together...even in the midst of sin and death...and peek at the hope of faith and Love. One day we will see this Love clearly and completely...and come together once again.

Prayer
May I join together with all the faithful this day in hope and love due to your glory, Lord Jesus. ---Amen

No comments: