Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18th - Reflection

Reading
Acts 7:30-34 (NRSV)
Moses, called from the burning bush to the exodus

"Now when forty years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, in the flame of a burning bush. When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight; and as he approached to look, there came the voice of the Lord: 'I am the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.' Moses began to tremble and did not dare to look. Then the Lord said to him, 'Take off the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. I have surely seen the mistreatment of my people who are in Egypt and have heard their groaning, and I have come down to rescue them. Come now, I will send you to Egypt.'"

Reflection
I have come down to rescue... God comes down to rescue us. He has come down in the form of Jesus to rescue us. He comes down and works through common ordinary people to bring rescue also. This day God comes down to rescue in the form of you and I. God has already come down in the perfect form of Jesus and rescued all of us from sin and death. And now God comes down through the Spirit and invades our forms to spring you and I into action to bring rescue.

Stop in your tracks and see the Light in the burning bush before you this day. Humbly stop and take off your shoes for a moment and listen! Listen to the Word of God and follow God's call this day. For God has come down to you and to me. God has come to rescue you and me.

Now respond in great joy and enthusiasm, for God will send you to those God chooses to give to you this day...tomorrow...and forever. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, open my eyes to your Light that I may stop...listen...receive...respond...and joyfully go this day in your plan. ---Amen

No comments: