Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18th - Reflection

Luke, Evangelist
2 Timothy 4:5-11 (NRSV)

As for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully.
As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Do your best to come to me soon, for Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica; Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful in my ministry.

Reflection
"Keep the faith." How do we keep the faith? What do we do to encourage each other to keep the faith? I think we keep the faith by continuing our walk with Jesus day after day. Jesus comes to us each day and we keep the faith by following, listening, and serving Jesus and neighbor. Faith is a gift from God. A gift that builds in trust and produces hope and love and service to God and others.

We encourage others to keep the faith when we gather together in the unity of the Holy Spirit. We gather and celebrate how God is active in our lives. We gather and serve as God is active in our lives. We gather and demonstrate the love that Jesus has taught us to live. We encourage by gathering in prayer and unity.

So "Keep the faith." Live the love and walk with Jesus this day.

Prayer
Lord, teach me to encourage others to keep the faith and show the love that you show. --- Amen

No comments: