Wednesday, October 06, 2010

October 6th - Reflection


Psalm 3 (NRSV)
Deliverance comes from God

O Lord, how many are my foes!
Many are rising against me;
many are saying to me,
"There is no help for you in God."
Selah

But you, O Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, and the one who lifts up my head.
I cry aloud to the Lord,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah

I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, for the Lord sustains me.
I am not afraid of ten thousands of people
who have set themselves against me all around.

Rise up, O Lord!
Deliver me, O my God!
For you strike all my enemies on the cheek;
you break the teeth of the wicked.

Deliverance belongs to the Lord;
may your blessing be on your people!
Selah

Reflection
Our Father always comes to take care of the children. He comes in love to defend, correct and sustain all of his children. This is our Father in heaven. Some earthly fathers make attempts at this and some are very good at loving and caring for children. But all earthly fathers will fail in one respect or another.

Our Father in heaven does not fail his children. Our Father in heaven delivers us from sin, death and the devil. This is something we can't expect out of our earthly fathers. This is something only our heavenly Father can do and has done.

Love and appreciate all the blessings that our earthly fathers have given us. Work with earthly fathers through the failures and pain that they live with. Honor your mother and father with love here on earth and in heaven as much as you can while you can. And stand with your mother and father as all of us marvel at the Love of our Heavenly Father. A love that gives the Son for our life. A Love that delivers. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, as we stand with father and mother and show honor to each, may we show love, one for another and love for you, our Heavenly Father who delivers us all.  --- Amen

No comments: