Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27th - Reflection


Psalm 84:8-12 (NRSV)
A doorkeeper in God's house

O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O God of Jacob!
Selah
Behold our shield, O God;
look on the face of your anointed.

For a day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than live in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
he bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does the Lord withhold
from those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
happy is everyone who trusts in you.

Reflection
Anybody home? It's all about who's home. And this home is all about who's home. The one home here is a sun and shield. The one home here bestows favor and honor. The one home here doesn't withhold good. The one home here makes everyone happy who trusts in them. Who wouldn't want to come home to such a one? A day in the presence of this one is better than a thousand elsewhere.

Anybody home? For sure. God is closer than you think. God is home with you and with me. Come home to God in prayer and gaze on God. For in God is all your protection and strength.

I'm home now! Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I come home and you greet me. Let's sit down and talk about the day. I've got a few things to confess and need to hear your opinion. --- Amen

No comments: