Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10th - Reflection


Proverbs 8:32-9:6 (NRSV)
Wisdom serves a meal
And now, my children, listen to me:
happy are those who keep my ways.
Hear instruction and be wise,
and do not neglect it.
Happy is the one who listens to me,
watching daily at my gates,
waiting beside my doors.
For whoever finds me finds life
and obtains favor from the Lord;
but those who miss me injure themselves;
all who hate me love death."

Wisdom has built her house,
she has hewn her seven pillars.
She has slaughtered her animals, she has mixed her wine,
she has also set her table.
She has sent out her servant-girls, she calls
from the highest places in the town,
"You that are simple, turn in here!"
To those without sense she says,
"Come, eat of my bread
and drink of the wine I have mixed.

Lay aside immaturity, and live,
and walk in the way of insight."

Reflection
If we but open our eyes and see and open our ears and listen; there he is. There is Jesus once again opening the scriptures to us and explaining what we could not, did not, or refused to see or hear. God is with us. God is closer than you think. God is preparing a meal for us, simple as we, are to turn to him. God invites us to "Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed." God invites us to take him in. Take Jesus in and live and walk in his way.

If we but open our eyes and see and open our ears and listen...we see Jesus...we see love...we see salvation. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord as I take in the bread and the wine, open my eyes to see you, open my ears to hear your voice. I am your disciple and I follow you. --- Amen

No comments: