Monday, May 02, 2011

May 2nd - Reflection


Judges 6:36-40 (NRSV)
Gideon and the fleece
Then Gideon said to God, "In order to see whether you will deliver Israel by my hand, as you have said, I am going to lay a fleece of wool on the threshing floor; if there is dew on the fleece alone, and it is dry on all the ground, then I shall know that you will deliver Israel by my hand, as you have said." And it was so. When he rose early next morning and squeezed the fleece, he wrung enough dew from the fleece to fill a bowl with water. Then Gideon said to God, "Do not let your anger burn against me, let me speak one more time; let me, please, make trial with the fleece just once more; let it be dry only on the fleece, and on all the ground let there be dew." And God did so that night. It was dry on the fleece only, and on all the ground there was dew.

Reflection
Is is you God? Is it really you? I have these times of doubt. Doubt that God is really with me in this or not. Especially if the situation I am going through is more traumatic than other situations. After all, why would the God of the universe, the same God that created and sustains that star at the end of my sight as I look up at night; why would this same God come to me in my moment of need? I am too insignificant for God to worry about. Let the universe roll along and over me and my issues.

But God does come into my life. God loves to come into my life. God comes into my life when I don't want God in my life. God through Jesus and the Spirit even invade my life. Invade my very being in a love so deep and so wide that you can't help but to respond in belief, trust, faith and love to God and those God gives to you.

Tell the world what God has done in your life. It's not as strange as you at first think. It is God in you life! It is really God! God comes to us through Jesus in flesh and blood and through the Spirit. God protects us like a loving Father. God is present in my life and yours also.

Go ahead lay out the fleece of wool. Go ahead, God is there with you in all times. God is closer than you think! Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, your greatness amazes my. Your closeness baffles me. I love it! I love you and believe. Show me the way. Teach me and lead me and make my love for you active in my love for others this day. --- Amen

No comments: