Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Isaiah 12:2-6

Surely God is my salvation;
   I will trust, and will not be afraid,
for the Lord God is my strength and my might;
   he has become my salvation.

 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say on that day:
Give thanks to the Lord,
   call on his name;
make known his deeds among the nations;
   proclaim that his name is exalted.


Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously;
   let this be known in all the earth.
Shout aloud and sing for joy, O royal Zion,
   for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.

Reflection
Oh how fearful I was when I heard of your coming.
   I didn't know the love you were giving.
You came as someone I could relate to.
   So great and awesome yet so close and friendly.

Through the waters of baptism,
   you came to cleanse me.
But in the suffering and death,
   you came to save me.

All glory and honor and praise and glory,
   to you my Savior, my King, my Friend.
All in heaven and earth love and adore you,
   and sing for joy to Father, Son and Spirit.

Prayer
Lord, what great joy you bring to this earth. We wait in hope for your coming again. Come, Lord Jesus, come... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: