Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Luke 1:46b-55
Mary’s Song of Praise

 And Mary said,
‘My soul magnifies the Lord,
   and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour,
for he has looked with favour on the lowliness of his servant.
   Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for the Mighty One has done great things for me,
   and holy is his name.
His mercy is for those who fear him
   from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm;
   he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts.
He has brought down the powerful from their thrones,
   and lifted up the lowly;
he has filled the hungry with good things,
   and sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
   in remembrance of his mercy,
according to the promise he made to our ancestors,
   to Abraham and to his descendants for ever.’

Reflection
As I ponder the Song of Mary he came to me.
   I didn't so much as hear his voice,
but I felt his presence.
   I wasn't expecting this to happen to me.
I'm nobody! I'm just a regular guy.
   I'm not rich by any standard.
My job is not of any significance in this world,
   but he came to me just the same.
I felt his presence deep inside.
   Deep inside in the pit of my gut.
I guess some would say he came into my heart.
   Why would he come to me?
The feeling created a warm emotion deep within.
   I felt an honor to have his presence so close.
It brought a song of praise from me.
   A song that was spontaneous.
A song that just sprang forth.
   Not so much a song that one could hear.
His presence brought a song of joy and praise.
   And then I began to sing aloud.
Sing aloud a song of joy.
   For I heard the call and voice of Jesus.
I felt the power to go on in life.
   I knew the joy through ups and downs.
And my song of joy went on and on.
   For Jesus has chosen me this day.
Thanks be to God my Savior and King!

Prayer
Lord, I get it now! You come to all of us. You have come in the past as a baby and lived on this earth just as we live on this earth. You come to each one of us today and dwell within our bodies in Spirit. Your presence leads and guides us daily. Lord, open the hearts of those who would reject you and give them a peek into your heavenly kingdom that they may accept you and believe in what you have done for them. We look forward to your coming again. Come, Lord Jesus, come... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: