Friday, December 21, 2012

December 21st Reflection by Bill Lynch



Luke 1:39-45
Mary Visits Elizabeth

 In those days Mary set out and went with haste to a Judean town in the hill country, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leapt in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and exclaimed with a loud cry, ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And why has this happened to me, that the mother of my Lord comes to me? For as soon as I heard the sound of your greeting, the child in my womb leapt for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfilment of what was spoken to her by the Lord.’

Reflection
Women! They always get excited about things! This time it was different though, even I got excited about this. Didn't Mom know that I had feelings and emotions too? I can hear in here you know. When I heard the voice of Mary, I knew there was something special happening. After all I'm a little older than he is but not any wiser by far.

So, when I heard Mary's voice, I knew He was near too. So, I kicked Mom a little and turned some. Come on Mom, this wasn't about you, it was about Him! Funny thing was, Mom knew it was about Him too. How did Mom know why I was excited to see Mary? I hadn't even seen Mary in my life. Well, I guess I hadn't seen Mom in my life either.

It was at my kick and the awareness of His presence that I felt the Holy Spirit enter my heart. It was at the kick that I knew God's call in my life. It was at that kick that the Holy Spirit gifted me with what I needed to live out my life for Him. At that kick inside Mom, I knew what God had called me to do. At that kick and the realization of His presence, I began my calling.

At that kick I announce His coming presence in the lives of all people. At that kick I told Mom to get prepared. I was telling Mom to repent and get ready for the Messiah is here! Here right now!

Just a little longer and I will see Mom, Dad, Mary and Jesus my Savior. Then I'll really ramp up this call of mine. But for now, I'll kick!

Women! They get excited about all of the right things in this case especially. God had come this moment. We couldn't see him just yet but Jesus was with us. Jesus was with Mary and me and Mom and I kicked about it!

Prayer
Lord, you come to me and I kick. May my kicks be kicks of acceptance and joy and not kicks of resistance. Come, Lord Jesus, come... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: