Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26th Reflection - Security and Blessing - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 91:1–6, 14–16 
Assurance of God’s Protection

You who live in the shelter of the Most High,
   who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress;
   my God, in whom I trust.’
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
   and from the deadly pestilence;
he will cover you with his pinions,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
   or the arrow that flies by day,
or the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
   or the destruction that wastes at noonday.

Those who love me, I will deliver;
   I will protect those who know my name.
When they call to me, I will answer them;
   I will be with them in trouble,
   I will rescue them and honour them.
With long life I will satisfy them,
   and show them my salvation.

Reflection
In you alone O Lord, I receive security and blessing.
You keep me safe and shelter me from eternal harm.
You protect me as your guest.
It all seems backwards, for I welcome your presence.
Yet you keep me as an honored guest.

But, yes! I am your guest in this life.
I am your guest and place all of my trust in you alone.
You are my hope for life and love.
You are my place of rest and safety from the storm.
In you I find my safe haven, my home.

With you O Lord, I find a safe place.
A place to live eternal life with you.
You keep me safe and guide me through life.
You point out the traps and pitfalls of life.
You, O Lord, teach me your will and your way.

Day by day you build character into my life.
You teach me and show me what you would have me be.
You change me and mold me into your delight.
Yes, you are my Teacher and I am your student.
Lord, I am grateful for all you have shown to me.

You bless me with your presence day by day.
I live in the joy of relationship with you by my side.
Each moment, each second, each event of my life,
You are there by my side granting me with your presence.
I am eternally thankful for your everlasting presence, my Lord, my Savior!

Prayer
Lord, you grant security and give blessing. I am richly blessed with your presence. Lead me, guide me and show me your will and the way that I should take... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: