Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21st Reflection - God's Touch - by Bill Lynch


Jeremiah 1:4–10
Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Then I said, “Ah, Lord God! Truly I do not know how to speak, for I am only a boy.” But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a boy’; for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and you shall speak whatever I command you, Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord.” Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth; and the Lord said to me, “Now I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.”

Reflection
We are called to action. We are blessed by God as his children and called to action. And when we are called, God reaches out and touches us. God touches us in some manner and puts the words and actions into our lives. At first we are afraid. But, God's most frequent command is "Fear not." So, we overcome our fears and trust in God to do what God has planned and willed for our lives and we act.

Just with the Word of God we are equipped to action. It seems as if God has already planned what he has for us to do. That's love! The love of a God that thought about our lives even before we were born and set in motion all that it would take for our call and our blessing and our way. God's call is that personal. God's call is that unique. Each of us mean that much to God. All of us mean his Son's life to save us. That's love!

It's not the person that makes God's Word and his actions in our lives. It's the authority of God as God. We don't need to worry about our status, our weakness or anything else. If God says he wants us then that's good enough. After all, we are called to action by a God that comes to us and touches us and saves us from death.

So, we act boldly, confidently and passionately on the call God has given us.

Prayer
Lord, I place myself into your hands. Touch my lips, my hands, my heart and my very being that I may boldly act upon the call you give... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen


No comments: