Friday, August 09, 2013

August 9th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 50:1–8, 22–23
The mighty one, God the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.

Our God comes and does not keep silence, before him is a devouring fire, and a mighty tempest all around him.
He calls to the heavens above and to the earth, that he may judge his people:
“Gather to me my faithful ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!”
The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge. Selah

“Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel, I will testify against you. I am God, your God.
Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you; your burnt offerings are continually before me.

“Mark this, then, you who forget God, or I will tear you apart, and there will be no one to deliver.
Those who bring thanksgiving as their sacrifice honor me; to those who go the right way I will show the salvation of God.”

Reflection
You are God, mighty and powerful.
You are God, the judge of all created.
You are the God of glory.
You alone are God.

You gather your people.
In the presence of all you call.
You are the righteous Judge.
You will judge your created with truth.

All people hear your Word.
The Word is Light to all.
Light for all to see your coming.
You come to your people.

The godless tremble in your presence.
Take heed and hear the warning.
Only you can offer salvation.
You are God, mighty and powerful.

Prayer
Give me pause, Lord, to hear your voice and see your Word. Give me pause, to know your will and your way in my life... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: