Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22nd Reflection - Redeemed - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 103
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits—
who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

The Lord works vindication and justice for all who are oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Reflection
God, I love everything about you.
You pay attention to me when I expected nothing.
You show me love and blessing.
All my days I praise you and give thanks.

In the depths of my sin you came to me.
You came to me and showed me a new way.
You rescued me from myself.
All my days I praise you and give thanks.

You come to those in need and rescue.
You know the needs of all and have compassion.
You are patient and kind and always loving.
All my days I praise you and give thanks.

I open my heart and kneel before you.
All your blessings overwhelm.
You have changed death into life.
All my days I praise you and give thanks.

You alone can cure all disease.
You care for body and spirit with love.
You have rescued and saved your children.
All my days I praise you and give thanks.

Prayer
Lord, you have taken my place in the Pit and pulled me out and crowned me. You are wonderful. I came to you for salvation and you have responded. Hear my praise and receive my thanksgiving for this new life... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: