Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=2dfdc46320d68bb56a67

Readings
Nehemiah 7:73-9:21
"...for the joy of the LORD is your strength." - Nehemiah 8:10b
1 Corinthians 9:1-18
What then is my reward? Just this: that in my proclamation I may make the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my rights in the gospel. - 1 Corinthians 9:18
Psalm 33:12-22
The LORD looks down from heaven; he sees all humankind. - Psalm 33:13
Proverbs 21:11-12
The Righteous One observes the house of the wicked... - Proverbs 21:12a

Reflection
It's amazing! It's beyond any love that could ever be imagined. A God who freely chooses to step into the midst of my wickedness and sin. A God who heals, changes, redeems and saves creation. He looked down from heaven and chose to come in flesh to save you and me from sin, death and the devil. God chose to become flesh in Jesus and know what it's like to be human. It's amazing!

In this life and presence of Jesus, we can all have new hope. We have a wondrous joy beyond all joys which gives us strength. In His precious grace He came to us as one of us and gave His very life for ours.

It's amazing! Life for life. Your grace still amazes me!

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, You took on flesh to know me. Your grace amazes me! I humbly come before You this day. I ask You to be my life. Lead and guide my steps this day as I give my life to You. ---Amen

No comments: