Thursday, August 27, 2009

August 27th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=22b57ba3980e9dd2e6b2

Readings
Job 23:1-27:23
"Why are times not kept by the Almighty, and why do those who know him never see his days?" - Job 24:1
2 Corinthians 1:12-2:11
For we write you nothing other than what you can read and also understand; I hope you will understand until the end-- 2 Corinthians 1:13
Psalms 41:1-13
Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, for everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen. - Psalms 41:13
Proverbs 22:5-6
Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray. - Proverbs 22:6

Reflection
Do I have another minute for God? All the time I spend in my life doing other things...Do I have another minute for God? Even if I did, would it matter? Would it matter to God, if I spent another minute with Him? Or would another minute just insult Him and make Him mad?

Maybe the question should be...Does God have another minute for me? If the God of eternity spent another minute with me, would it matter? Would it matter to God? Would it matter to me? What is a minute in my lifetime?...But, wait a minute!...What is a minute in the lifetime of God?...Isn't a minute with God eternity? Let's see...one times eternity equals eternity I think.

No doubt, I have a minute for God...but way more importantly I want God to have a minute with me...it makes all the difference...let's see...my minute in my lifetime...verses God's minute in His lifetime...

Thanks be to God, he gave much more than a minute for me...through His Son Jesus Christ...He gave a lifetime...Thanks be to God...I can freely give a lifetime too, through the grace of Jesus.

Got a minute?

Prayer
A minute...a lifetime...I give You eternal thanks. I give You eternal glory. I give You eternal praise. A minute...a lifetime...You gave me Life. You gave me Jesus. You gave me eternal life. Thanks be to God, this minute, the next minute, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: