Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26th - Reflection

Reflection
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=615416f86f9ab5b03479

Readings
Job 20:1-22:30
Look at me, and be appalled, and lay your hand upon your mouth. - Job 21:5
2 Corinthians 1:1-11
He who rescued us from so deadly a peril will continue to rescue us; on him we have set our hope that he will rescue us again, as you also join in helping us by your prayers, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many. - 2 Corinthians 1:10-11
Psalms 40:11-17
But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!" - Psalms 40:16
Proverbs 22:2-4

Reflection
Gifts from God freely given. I pick up my gift and begin to use that gift as I have planned. How often to I fail to stop and realize the source of my gift. Even when I realize the source of my gift, I convince myself that I have been given this gift to use to bring glory to myself.

Then in my human flesh, I stumble or an accident takes place, or just life happens that seems to take away all the joy and ability to use this gift God has freely given me. My plans are ruined. I am forced to stop and take a look at things. It seems a roadblock is placed in the way of using this gift God freely gave.

I go to God with prayers and questions of why?...why me?...why now? And He answers...it's not about that...the gift given...bring glory to God...the gift is much more than what you see...the gift is much more than what you do...the gift is My Grace...the gift is Life...I AM Life...receive that gift and know what it really is...receive that gift and Live that Gift fully to My glory...receive that gift and struggle with it and give your life to me...through the Gift.

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, You graciously have given me physical gifts that turn into Spiritual Gifts. All the the Loving, Dying, Resurrected, Gracious Life of Jesus. Thanks be to God! Send me this day with the gifts You have given that I may use them to bear witness to Your Gracious Life freely given. ---Amen

No comments: