Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=978899a24be256615488

Readings
Job 16:1-19:29
For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth; and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me! - Job 19:25-27
1 Corinthians 16:1-24
Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
Psalms 40:1-10
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. - Psalms 40:3a
Proverbs 22:1

Reflection
One more second chance. How many times do I come back for one more second chance. Fall to my knees in sin and beg for one more second chance. But I know that my Redeemer lives. When I fall to my knees, I know that He hears and heeds my plea.

Then those gracious words of forgiveness. How those words put a new song in my mouth. How those words make me bold to stand up strong and to go into His Kingdom, renewed in His love, to serve Him and those He gives to me, today, tomorrow and into eternity.

One more second chance. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, here I am again, about to go back into Your Kingdom. Please grant me one more second chance at living the Love You have placed within me. Please grant me the opportunity to show the compassion You have shown to me. Please grant me the time to do Your will. ---Amen

No comments: