Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=5885000b368d998709bf

Readings
Esther 1:1-3:15
Every day Mordecai would walk around in front of the court of the harem, to learn how Esther was and how she fared. - Esther 2:11
1 Corinthians 11:17-34
Indeed, there have to be factions among you, for only so will it become clear who among you are genuine. - 1 Corinthians 11:19
Psalms 35:17-28
Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness and of your praise all day long. - Psalms 35:28
Proverbs 21:19-20

Reflection
The burden gets heavy at times. It seems as if the world caves in all around. How to deal with all of this? Love and care for family and friends and the worry begins to mount. Walk around the city and check on loved ones to make sure all is OK. Time goes by without an answer. Arguments and factions separate one from another. Who is in the right and who needs to change?

And then I finally collapse into prayer. My sinful self takes me a while to reach that moment. I fall and pray for help and confess to God that I can't do this on my own.

Sometimes the answer is slow to come and others times it is instant. Why do I wait so long to go to the Father? But then I feel it. I feel the burden lighten enough to go on. To move forward. Slowly, oh sometimes it seems ever too slowly, God steps in and heals. He heals me from the inside out and cleanses me and lifts the weight until I can walk once again. I know my Redeemer!

And praise and thanksgiving and honor and glory I sing to my Savior! I'm alive and well. I'm renewed and strengthened. I was made to lie down in green pastures while He restored my soul. My wonderful Shepherd and Savior loves me!

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, sometimes, I need pause. Sometimes You stop me in my tracks and cause me to lie down. You provide the rest from the burdens I carry and take me through it all. I give you all the thanks and glory for Your understanding love in this. ---Amen

No comments: