Monday, August 24, 2009

August 22nd-24th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=9d93af2ad9603af266dd

Readings
Job 4:1-15:35
"As for me, I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause. He does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number." - Job 5:8-9
1 Corinthians 14:18-15:58
Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we will also bear the image of the man of heaven. - 1 Corinthians 15:49
Psalms 37:30-39:13
Deliver me from all my transgressions. - Psalms 39:8a
Proverbs 21:27-31
No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel, can avail against the LORD. - Proverbs 21:30

Reflection
We have all fallen to sin. Fallen to sin as leaders, fallen to sin as followers; we have all fallen to sin. This sinful being, made from the dust of creation is being recreated into something new and marvelous. All fallen to sin, but at the same time we can all be free from that sin that entangles us.

A Body from heaven chose to come to this earth and show us the way. The way the leads to the cross. The cross where we all one day will gather with our sins on our backs. A cross where we will see one another and know that we have all fallen to sin. At the foot of His cross we will lay down our cross and give our lives away. Give our life of sin and the entanglement it has created away. Lay our cross at His feet and in the presence of those who have come to the foot of that cross with us, we will give our lives away. And then...

In a miraculous moment...our earthly body will change...we will begin to notice that heavenly body...that spiritual body...we will be happy and free from sin and changed. We will gather at the foot of that cross with our brothers and sisters in sin and see new spiritual bodies of life and love and joy spring from the Lord of Life. We will see Life leap from His cross and into a New Kingdom created and adorned with Jesus Christ as the jewel that sparkles the Life of God we all await in that heavenly spiritual body we have been graciously given.

All because of a Spiritual Body that chose to put on an Earthly Body and become Jesus our Lord and Savior. A Body that shows us the way. A Body that shows us how to love one another, even as we exist in our sin.

So, repent in your sin. Go to Him and kneel at the foot of that cross with your brothers and sisters in sin. He will forgive. Then turn from your sin and turn to Jesus and follow in his path in this new eternal life that leads back to the foot of that cross where we gather once again and change in a truly miraculous way into the spiritual body God freely gives.

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I come to You this day in my sin. I see Your awesome and wonderful love and seek Your forgiveness. Grant me, this sinful being, pardon from my sin. I seek to turn from my sin and sin no more. I seek to do Your will in Your Kingdom this day. I seek to be yours and to walk this eternal life You have graciously given to me as I struggle in this sinful world. I seek Your forgiveness at the foot of the cross. I look to a new day, when I will return to the foot of Your cross with my cross and be changed into that wonderful spiritual being as this body of sin and dust is changed and renewed into what You would have me be. In Jesus name, I come. ---Amen

No comments: