Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=ff4dff11e85c3feaeeef

Readings
Nehemiah 11:1-12:26
And the people blessed all those who willingly offered to live in Jerusalem. - Nehemiah 11:2
1 Corinthians 10:14-33
Do not seek your own advantage, but that of the other. - 1 Corinthians 10:24
Psalms 34:11-22
The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned. - Psalms 34:22
Proverbs 21:14-16
A gift in secret averts anger... - Proverbs 21:14a

Reflection
Father I need You! Boy, is that an understatement! As I reflect on the readings of people willingly offering --- advice to see the advantage of the other --- servant lives redeemed and gifts given in secret, I can see where I fall short of these lofty goals. Father I need You!

But I need my Father in so many other ways as well. Not only do I turn to my Father to show me His will and His way, but I turn to Him in my sin and weakness and say boldly and loudly, "Father I need You!"

And the wonderfully amazing thing is that He never fails to come to me, pick me up, dust me off, hug me and forgive me and put me back on the path. My Father loves me beyond any love I can fathom. He talks to me and shows me the path. Time after time, in the storms of life, in the illness, in the pain and sorrow, He continues to be with me. "Father I need You!"

Then in the blessings of life, we laugh, we celebrate, we tease, we love and we run and jump and play the day in His Kingdom. "Father I need You!"

"Father I need You!" His secret gift becomes known to all the world. "Father I need You!"

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Father I need You! I need You now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: