Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=46e6e8ca98b9123f2249

Readings
Jeremiah 26:1-27:22
Jeremiah 26:4-6 - You shall say to them: Thus says the LORD: If you will not listen to me, to walk in my law that I have set before you, and to heed the words of my servants the prophets whom I send to you urgently---though you have not heeded---then I will make this house like Shiloh, and I will make this city a curse for all the nations of the earth.
2 Thessalonians 3:1-16
2 Thessalonians 3:3 - But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.
Psalm 85:1-13
Psalm 85:10 - Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet; righteousness and peace will kiss each other.
Proverbs 25:16

Reflection
Do you think He knows you? Do you think He knows about your life, the things you have done, the way you grew up, how you live today? Do you think He knows even those embarrassing little details you keep to yourself? The questions in the mind of the woman and questions like these, I think were quickly answered as she got to know Jesus. As she got to know Jesus, I think she got to get a glance at someone who knew and deeply cared about her.

I think Jesus wants us to get to know about each other. Get to know one another and deeply care for each other. Care with a steadfast love and faithfulness that only He can possess. But care in a way that Jesus shines through each one of us to the people we meet at the well, at the park, at work or at play. Jesus shining though, that all need to run and tell, not only a relationship of some special disciples of Jesus, but more importantly a relationship with Jesus. A relationship with the One where righteousness and peace kiss one another. A corporate relationship in the Church and a personal relationship as His disciple.

Let us not mistake the need to gather together and listen to the Word of God. Gather together in His love and feed on His Word. Let us not mistake the need to search daily His Word and listen to His voice and heed the daily call to move back into that corporate place with a gospel so wonderful that we can't help but to gladly, boldly, and clearly run and tell of a Man, of a God, of a Saviour, who knows each one of us yet knows all of us together in love.

Prayer
Lord, as I leave this source of water this morning; I run to tell of the knowledge you have. I run to tell of the love and compassion You show. I run to tell of the direction You give that is so specific to my life. I run to tell of a Savior that saved me and that saved the world. I run to tell... ---Amen

No comments: