Wednesday, October 07, 2009

October 7th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=9b8d6b2425709528d41c

Readings
Jeremiah 8:8-9:26
Jeremiah 9:7 - Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts: I will now refine and test them, for what else can I do with my sinful people?
Colossians 3:1-17
Colossians 3:4 - When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.
Psalm 78:32-55
Psalm 78:38-39 - Yet he, being compassionate, forgave their iniquity, and did not destroy them; often he restrained his anger, and did not stir up all his wrath. He remembered that they were but flesh, a wind that passes and does not come again.
Proverbs 24:27
Proverbs 24:27 - Prepare your work outside, get everything ready for you in the field; and after that build your house.

Reflection
Almost able to fly if it weren't for this stone of sin and stubbornness and deceit tying me down to the ground. Almost able to fly if it weren't for this sin in my life. I know that God intends for me to fly. And in the flying God will be revealed in me. But I also learn that in my struggle, God is revealed in me also. As I struggle with my sin in whatever form it takes, others are struggling along my side. But as I struggle, I struggle in the hope and grace and knowledge that through the struggle I have a Savior that will release me from the bondage of this stone some day and allow me to fly.

Hope and knowledge and faith in One who will cut the ties that bind me to sin. Cut the ties that bind me to my sin by taking on my sin Himself and taking on my struggle with sin and dying on the cross with all my sin upon Him. Through His suffering, and dying, He was given the chance to raise from the dead out of the darkness of the tomb to bring light and life through death.

So I continue to struggle just as He did. I joy in the struggle because of Him. I joy in the work to show the world that through the struggle, and through the pain comes Light out of darkness and Life from the tomb. A gift given freely by our Savior.

So struggle while we're tied down. Know that someday we will fly free with Christ. Maybe today for a while and then maybe tomorrow forever. We will fly in glory and how great that will be. But today as we struggle, struggle in joy and today as we fly, fly with a friend and show the glory of Christ in that flight. Fly!

Prayer
Lord, forgive my sinful ways that bind me to that rock that weighs me down. Cut me loose this day that I may fly free with you and friends to proclaim Your glory and grace and announce the day when we will all fly free because of Your grace and love. ---Amen

No comments: