Friday, October 16, 2009

October 16th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=acb9bc99fea1ba5eb0fe

Readings
Jeremiah 28:1-29:32
Jeremiah 29:11-14 - For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. When when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
1 Timothy 1:1-20
1 Timothy 1:12-13b - I am grateful to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because he judged me faithful and appointed me to his service, even though I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a man of violence.
Psalm 86:1-17
Psalm 86:15 - But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
Proverbs 25:17

Reflection
Did you see Jesus yesterday? Have you seen Jesus today? Did you hear Him speak to you? Did you open the Word and hear His voice speaking to you? How about in a song or hymn or music, did you hear or see Him there? Did you look into the eyes of a needy or homeless person and see Jesus? How about in the touch of a caring nurse, did you see Jesus there? Did you see Jesus when you stopped to talk to a friend about a divorce, death, illness or some trouble he was facing in life? Did you see Jesus in the hands you touched while joined in prayer?

Did you feel the light of Jesus shine through you when you spontaneously knelt down with the small child who had fallen off of that swing and brushed her off and comforted her? Did you notice the wind of the Spirit blowing through the words you offered to the one in the hospital that you visited? Did you feel the flame of fire over your head when you played that music that for some reason touched the life of a listener in the audience?

God knows the plans He has for you. God knows the purpose He has created you for. You are unique and part of the plan. Your purpose is sure. God will work in and through you to serve those who come to you day after day. Let His love freely flow. See how the actions God takes through you brings a glimmer of hope and salvation to others. For God is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. Love for you, love through you, love to you, today, tomorrow and forever.

Prayer
Lord, I humbly enter Your presence in Word, through friend, in strangers, all around. Use me this day in Your plan and Your purpose. ---Amen

No comments: