Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23rd - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=9f7e6615852e65464435

Readings
Jeremiah 42:1-44:23
Jeremiah 44:4b - "I beg you not to do this abominable thing that I hate!"
2 Timothy 2:1-21
2 Timothy 2:1 - You then, my child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus...
Psalms 92:1-93:5
Psalm 93:1b-2 - He has established the world; it shall not be moved; your throne is established from of old; you are from everlasting.
Proverbs 26:3-5

Reflection
My brokenness helped me see, it's Grace I'm standing on. Christ is our solid rock. Christ is all we can cling to. We will sin and do the abominable thing that God hates. But we must see and smell the stench of that sin and cling to the Grace of that Solid Rock on which we cling for salvation. We cannot fix our own sin because it has already been fixed for us by the King that reigns from a throne that was established before time and a King that reigns from a throne that will exist beyond time.

So, be strong in the Grace of that Solid Rock. Be bold enough to go back at it, washed clean through your baptismal waters and forgiven by grace, to serve in the Kingdom day after day, now and forever.

Prayer
Lord, as I come to You in my brokenness, forgive me, cleanse me, and send me boldly to carry out what You have planned for me this day. --- Amen

No comments: