Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17th - Reflection


2 Timothy 1:12b-14 (NRSV)
The treasure of the triune God
I am not ashamed, for I know the one in whom I have put my trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard until that day what I have entrusted to him. Hold to the standard of sound teaching that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Guard the good treasure entrusted to you, with the help of the Holy Spirit living in us.
Reflection
We have received a wonderful treasure from Jesus. We have received love and trust and salvation.

This treasure reminds me of Luther's Rose. We look to the center at a cross, the symbol of death, yet there is life. The cross is black, like death, yet it brings life. A black cross inside a red heart. Although the cross brings death, the heart is red with faith and life. The cross and heart are enveloped by a white rose. White is like all that is pure and heavenly. The cross, heart and rose within a backdrop of a blue sky. Look out into the blue sky and you see forever. This cross of death and life, the heart of blood red of Jesus alive, and the white rose of all that is pure, against the blue sky of hope brings forth a joy that is forever. All of this is encompassed by a gold ring. A gold ring is the precious gift of Jesus. An eternal never ending gift of faith and love. A treasure beyond belief given to you and to me.

Guard the good treasure entrusted to you and with the help of the Holy Spirit, make known this treasure to all the world that they too may see and know Jesus. Thanks be to God.

Prayer
Lord, what a wonderful gift you have given. What a wonderful act you have taken. Fill me with that faith and love overflowing to all you give to me today...tomorrow...and forever. --- Amen

No comments: