Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25th - Reflection


Psalm 89:1-4, 15-18 (NRSV)
I sing of your love

I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever;
with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations.
I declare that your steadfast love is established forever;
your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.

You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
I have sworn to my servant David:
'I will establish your descendants forever,
and build your throne for all generations.' "
Selah ...

Happy are the people who know the festal shout,
who walk, O Lord, in the light of your countenance;
they exult in your name all day long,
and extol your righteousness.
For you are the glory of their strength;
by your favor our horn is exalted.
For our shield belongs to the Lord,
our king to the Holy One of Israel.

Reflection
We are faithful because God is faithful. God has shown us faithfulness and trust. God displays the attributes that he wants his children to possess. And in Jesus we can see all of these characteristics that God would want in each one of us.

As we give our bodies and lives to God in trust and faithfulness, we cry the "festal shout" - the shout that declares the Lord as King and our "horn" or strength is exalted in God. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, as I see and learn your qualities, build them in me that I may grow into the servant and son you wish for me to be...today...tomorrow...and forever. --- Amen

No comments: