Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11th People Reflection

Sunday 9/11/2005
John 14.1-14- Without me, no one can go to the Father.
2 Chronicles 20.1-21.1-God will fight on your side!
Psalm 78,56-72-God demanded their love?
Matthew 18.21-35-forgive from your heart
Proverbs 23.22-25-Listen to your father who begot you?
Psalm 91-Those who love me, I will deliver.
"We knew we had gotten all the life we could out of Pepper." ? The Campus Pastor- Pastor Weisner telling a story about the death of a beloved dog of his. You could tell the importance of the gift of life. You could hear the struggle that both dog and owner endured. But also you could feel the presence of the blessed gift of life. That gift Jesus gave to all of us that tells us that life comes from him ? life proceed through him- and life is fulfilled in him and that without Jesus, no one can go to the Father. Yea- struggle with death ? but God will fight on your side ? yea ? God demands my love- God demands my life to be given to him- and in giving he freely gives- but there?s a difference here- I don?t give to get- God already gave- so now I respond to his gift of life as a happy child in love with his Father- willing to do what the Father asks- and my Father asks me to forgive others as he forgave me- to love others as he has loved me- I must listen to my father- for he has promised to take care of me- even in the struggles with sin and death ? "We knew we had gotten all the life we could out of Pepper." ? And God will get all the life he can out of me. Thanks be to God!
Prayer- Father, I give you my life- I give you my love- Get all you can out of me ? For I know of your life and love through your Son Jesus- Send me out this week to give and forgive those you place before me in your kingdom. And let me love them with all the love you have given me. -- Amen

No comments: