Sunday, September 18, 2005

September 17th and 18th People Reflections

Saturday 9/17/2005

John 18.19-38a-No, my kingdom doesn’t belong to this world.

2 Chronicles 27-28-Ahaz was nothing like his ancestor David.

Psalm 84-Deep in my heart I long for your temple, and with all that I am I sing joyful songs to you.

Philippians 1.21-30-For to me, living is Christ and dying is gain.

Matthew 9.1-8-When the crowds saw it, they were filled with awe, and they glorified God

Psalm 93-holiness befits your house, O LORD, forevermore

"First down Aaaaaaaaaaaaves"- A fan at the football game getting really irritated at the announcer as the Middies were getting beat bad! – Well this guy wasn’t filled with awe for the Middies- but when we realize the activity in Christ in our lives- the miracles he performs right before our eyes each and every day- we are filled with awe- we do long to be in his presence and dwell in God’s temple and sing joyful songs to God- we want so bad to yell in joy "First down!" – But the kingdom of Jesus – it isn’t here- it isn’t with those petty little first downs- his is a kingdom to beat all kingdoms – to beat all earthly kingdom- but a heavenly kingdom- the "touchdown" of kingdoms—so I want to be part of his kingdom – I want to hear "Touchdown Middies!!!" – forget that earthly "first down" stuff- I want to be part of the kingdom of God!

Prayer- Lord send me to work in your kingdom this day- let me dwell with you and work with the people you send me to – for it’s you house and your kingdom that you have called me to work in- right here on this earth but in a heavenly way. --- Amen

Sunday 9/18/2005

John 18.38b-19.16a-Pilate gave orders for Jesus to be beaten with a whip.

2 Chronicles 29-Hezekiah obeyed the LORD by doing right, just as his ancestor David had done.

Psalm 85-You have forgiven the sin and taken away the guilt of your people.

Matthew 20.1-16-are you envious because I am generous?

Revelation 7.9-12-After his I looked, an there was a great multitude that no one could count, form every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb…

Psalm 146-I will praise the LORD as long as I live

"I like my coffee strong."- A church friend and relative talking about coffee- and Jesus love was strong too- he endured beating and death with a deep love for the people and creation he loved- the early kings would come and go – most would turn from God- but sometimes like Hezekiah they would turn the community back to God- focus on God instead of themselves and be generous- God is generous he takes care of all our needs- he is strong and generous- yea – I want to praise God- he gives to me all I need- he is strong and loving and willing to give his life for me- I look forward to approaching that throne with the multitudes and praising God – I will praise my "strong" God as long as I live.

Prayer- Lord in you is all the strength I need- Thank You -- Amen

No comments: