Sunday, September 25, 2005

September 25th People Reflection

Sunday 9/25/2005

1 John 3-God wants us to have faith in his Son Jesus Christ and to love each other.

2 Chronicles 36-These things happened just as Jeremiah the LORD’s prophet had said.

Psalm 90-When morning comes, let your love satisfy all our needs.

Matthew 21.23-32-and even after you saw it, you did not change your minds and believe him.

John 3.16-21-God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Psalm 57-Let your glory be over all the earth.

"Do you want to use masking tape?"- Painting- a barrier to possible mistakes- The Israelites lost the temple- were sent to Babylon- a few were left – but it all happened just as God had spoken through Jeremiah- where was the masking tape- where was that barrier to sin- the people had botched it- they kept turning from God until God had to take some more drastic action to correct them in their ways- but even without the masking tape to cover their sin- God in the end sends Jesus – we botched it- didn’t use the masking tape- I sin- and with or without masking tape- Jesus came to save me and show me how to love others- I have to change- change my mind about my own selfish needs – my own sense of saving myself- and give myself to God- believe- believe that Jesus didn’t come to condemn me for my failure to mask over my sins- but he came to save me from my sins- you see – I can’t mask over my sins anyway- some of it will leak right through the tape- God can see through my efforts of masking my sin- but he knows that too- and gives me life anyway through Jesus – and through Jesus his glory shines all over the earth- Do you want to use masking tape? – well, for painting maybe- but for my sin- I think I’ll just believe in Jesus and skip the tape part.

Prayer- Lord- I love you – thanks for sending Jesus into my world and my life. -- Amen

No comments: