Friday, September 23, 2005

September 23rd People Reflections

Friday 9/23/2005

1 John 1- If we say that we have not sinned, we are fooling ourselves, and the truth isn’t in our hearts.

2 Chronicles 34-Finally, when everybody was there, we read aloud "The Book of God’s Law" that had been found in the temple.

Psalm 89.19-37-One of David’s descendants will always be king, and his family will rule until the sky disappears.

Ezekiel 18.1-4, 25-32-Know that all lives are mine….turn, then, and live

Lamentations 3.22-33-The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to and end; they are new every morning

Psalm 103-Bless the LORD, O my soul

"I just have a couple more questions."- Working with someone at work- questions- answers maybe- I always have questions too- why do things happen the way they do? – what direction am I to take? – why do I sin? – Why does God forgive?- I search his Word- I listen for his voice- Sometimes I hear an answer – sometimes I’m left to struggle with the issue—but always I know that God is with me- even when I’m confused- I know that all life belongs to God- even my own- and I feel the steadfast love of God that never ceases- I don’t understand it at all – but every new morning I know his love and mercy is with me – that love and mercy that never comes to an end- even when I’m tested- even when I’m stressed – even when I’m lost – God is there – "I just have a couple more question." – Well maybe that’s part of the point- as long as there are questions – God is there to be asked- and he will answer in his time not mine- so God is there- ask a couple more questions and keep talking- Bless the LORD, O my soul.

Prayer- Lord- thank you for being here with me now- when I need you – I always need you – thank you for listening to a couple more questions. --Amen

No comments: