Friday, September 02, 2005

September 2nd People Reflections

Friday 9/2/2005

John 9.24-41-I am here to give sight to the blind and to make blind everyone who can see.

2 Chronicles 7-The LORD is good and his love never ends.

Malachi 4-But for you that honor my name, victory will shine like the sun with healing in its rays, and you will jump around like calves at play.

Ezekiel 33.7-11-turn back, turn back from your evil ways

2 Corinthinas 12.7-10-My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness….for whenever I am weak, them I am strong.

Psalm 119.49-56-This is my comfort in distress, that your promise gives me life.

"Did you see that sunset?"- The sun behind the clouds- rays of light beaming out into eternity – from behind the clouds- I was blind to the sun- couldn’t see it- but still had sight – Sight was given even though I was blind and couldn’t directly see the sun – but that man in Jesus day – he could see the Son – but until he was confronted with a question from Jesus about faith- he still couldn’t see- but then he did- the blind man placed his faith in Jesus- the Leaders however were blinded by the Law- blinded by some petty rules and couldn’t see the love and compassion of a healing Savior- a Savior – a God active in the world bringing healing and life- beyond the Law- fulfilling the Law- showing the whole reason for the Law- the Law not to bind us with rules and regulations – but the Law in Jesus that is fulfilled with love and compassion and freedom to serve God and each other- The LORD is good and his love never ends- this freedom in love that allows God’s rays of light to shine through us- that victory that will shine like the sun with healing in it’s rays, that will free us to jump and play like children- that Law that let’s me see God’s love through Jesus Christ in a different way- that turns my life around- that turns me around – not so much with the Law – but with the presence of the Law and my Savior Jesus- and his compassion and love for me when I struggle with sin and this world- when I am weak- that love is there- Jesus is there in my pain and suffering- in my doubt and dejection- not bugging me with rules- but letting those rules –that Law guide me to see his love and compassion- yea I need to hear the Law- I need to wrestle – I need to turn from sin- but I need most of all to see that in the struggle God keeps me humble and keeps me facing him- face to face- up close- and in this I can look into his eyes and see that compassion and love only God can have- and then I will be strong- and I will have life- "Did you see the sunset?" – Yea- and I saw rays of love and compassion beaming out to eternity-maybe clouded by my sin- but beaming out none the less- beams of love to eternity.

Prayer- Lord, show me your love and compassion- let your face shine on me- but shield me- keep me turned toward you- and let your love and compassion radiate through me to this world- to those I meet this day- keep me facing you- let me know your presence when I’m weak and free me to jump and play in your kingdom this day. -- Amen

No comments: