Monday, September 19, 2005

September 19th People Reflection

Monday 9/19/2005

John 19.16b-42-they were in a hurry to put Jesus’ body there.

2 Chronicles 30-Passover is once again celebrated

Psalm 86-Your love for me is so great that you protected me from death and the grave.

Ezekiel 2.8-3.11-Then I ate it; and in my mouth it was as sweet as honey.

Matthew 24.42-47-Keep awake

Psalm 26-in the great congregation I will bless the LORD

"I can sing to the cows ok."- A comment from and older man at a rural church about leading the hymns in worship- He felt comfortable singing to the cows but not so leading worship hymns. He could be close to God any time but in his personal time at work he was especially close- I think Jesus was this way at times too- he would escape to pray to God and be very close- and my time with God is important- time to read and reflect on scripture- the Words are like honey in my mouth- the food needed for the day – the manna of my day- my daily bread – all I need- but when this time is up- I must be careful that I’m not in a hurry to put Jesus’ body away- I must realize that Jesus is there with me through out the day- not put away in some tomb by me to bring him back when I need him- he keeps me awake to his presence- always there- that special alone time is celebrated over and over all day long so that at the beginning of the new week I can bless God in the congregation- yea – "I can sing to the cows ok."- But I also know that Jesus is with me all the rest of the times helping me to "sing to" anyone and everyone ok too.

Prayer- Lord, send me this day to sing your praises and blessings and saving grace to all I contact this day and this week- then every day renew and refresh me through your Word. --- Amen

No comments: