Thursday, September 01, 2005

September 1st People Reflection

Thursday 9/1/2005

John 9.1-23-How could someone who is a sinner work such a miracle?

2 Chronicles 6-The LORD has done what he has promised.

Malachi 2.17-3.18-You people are precious to me

Psalm 119.33-40-Turn my heart to your decrees, and not to selfish gain

Hebrews 13.5-8-Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Psalm 50-Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

"If I’m not dead; I’m still alive…"- It was something like that- I heard it from an interview of a survivor of Katrina- but Jesus seems to work in a different way- it’s when we die that we live- the people of his day thought Jesus was a sinner because he did so much good on the Sabbath- but the good he did – they saw as "work" which made it a sin- but Jesus came to show a different way- it wasn’t "work" to heal someone- it was love and caring- God loves his people- he says his people are precious to him- he loves us beyond and through our sin and delivers us from sin and trouble- God didn’t change- we changed- Jesus has been the same God throughout all time- but sinful as I am – I tend to turn from God and focus on my selfish gains- it seems natural in some ways- but what is really natural is to listen to God’s call- follow his lead and emulate Jesus love and compassion for people- above and beyond the incorrect human interpretation of God’s law – "If I’m not dead; I’m still alive…"- Well-maybe if I’m dead but have faith I’m that much more alive- not because of my efforts at survival- but because of Jesus gracious act of salvation in my stead.

Prayer- Lord- let me love with compassion those in this world you have set before me this day- those hospitalized-those suffering- those just trying to survive- those close to me- those distant yet in need- let me look beyond the condemnation of sin to your love and compassion for your people. – Lead and guide me this day. --- Amen

No comments: