Friday, August 26, 2005

August 26th People Reflection

Friday 8/26/2005

John 6.60-71- You cannot come to me, unless the Father makes you want to come.

1 Chronicles 25-26-Musicians and Guards are assigned duty to the Temple

Zechariah 11-Two sticks for tending the sheep- Mercy and Unity

Jeremiah 15.15-21-If you turn back, I will take you back

Isaiah 1.18-let us argue it out and be forgiven

Psalm 89.1-18-with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations

"There’s more in here to move than what I thought."- The maintenance man at Sarah’s apartment said this as Bryan and I were moving furniture out. It really didn’t look that bad to Bryan and me. So we went to work – carrying things out- cleaning out – we had a duty to do – move the furniture back home- put it in storage for some time- God assigned duties to people in the Temple- gave them jobs to do- when we get active in doing things we feel our usefulness- but sometimes when we become inactive we turn away from God- go our own selfish ways—but God calls us back and let’s us know that if we turn back to him he will take us back – forgive us and take us back- it’s funny how we can’t come to God- God comes to us and makes us want to come to him- and when God shows this mercy he has for us- he gathers us together in Unity with himself- and that unity puts us right back to work – doing God’s work in his temple- giving us joy once again- so much joy that we want to go out and tell all people how faithful God is to us in our lives – "There’s more in here to move than what I thought." – yea – a little job given to us – jobs given to us by God- more to them than what we thought- thanks be to God our shepherd that he gives me the jobs I need to keep me focused on him and doesn’t let me get lazy in my own selfishness. – "There’s more in here to move than what I thought."

Prayer- Thank you for giving me work to do in your kingdom- thank you for assigning work to the priests, guards, musicians, builders, prophets, care-takers and all people who work in your kingdom- thank you for the unity you give us to bring us together to focus our love and praise on you. Thank you for your Church -- Amen

No comments: