Thursday, August 04, 2005

August 4th People Reflection

Thursday 8/4/2005

2 Corinthians 4.1-5.10-Now God is shining in our hearts to let you know that his glory is seen in Jesus

2 Kings 17-They worshiped worthless idols and became worthless themselves.

Micah 6-See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God

Psalm 85.8-13-Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet

Matthew 8.23-27-Lord save us! We are perishing!

Psalm 24-Who is the King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory.

"Is there anything else you need?"- a waitress at Frisch’s – asking – serving- helping- sometimes people come to life that make you feel so good- they are there – they come and serve- you can almost see a light shining from within them – when they serve you- I wonder if that light might be God shining in our hearts- I wonder if that light is the light of the glory of Jesus- people serving others – people in food pantries serving others- having mercy – having concern and willing to humble themselves in service- in service to God and his people here on earth- I think that’s where steadfast love and faithfulness meet- I think that’s where we reach out to those in the boat with the storm raging all around and bring calm into the world of another person- I get all wound up over some tiny things sometimes- and God sends someone to reach out in my storm- take my hand and calm the storm- just at the time that I need to be rescued because I think I am perishing- God reaches out to me through another person- and then that ultimate rescue- that ultimate service- God—the King of glory reached out to me – in my sin and death and sent Jesus to die on that cross for me- to suffer for me – to humbly give himself for me- "Is there anything else you need?" – no—Jesus has done it all- and now I go to humbly serve his children in my world- seeking justice – mercy and love and faithfulness.

Prayer- Lord, use me this day to humbly serve another child in your kingdom- use me to show your light from within- use me to love –keep me faithful in you will and lead me today. -- Amen

No comments: