Friday, August 05, 2005

August 5th People Reflections

Bill was having email problems at home. Here are the reflections for
today...Diane

-----Original Message-----
From: blynch1@cinci.rr.com [mailto:blynch1@cinci.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 5:32 AM
To: Lynch, William T (GE Trans); blynch1@cinci.rr.com
Subject: August 5th People Reflections

Friday 8/5/2005
2 Corinthians 5.11-6.13-Please make room in your hearts for us.
2 Kings 18-Hezekiah trusted the LORD God of Israel-He was completely
faithful to the LORD
Micah 7-But I trust the LORD God to save me, and I will wait for him
to answer my prayer.
1 Kings 19.9-18-a sound of sheer silence?then there came a voice to him
Ephesians 3.1-6-and how the mystery was made known to me by
revelations-of the mystery of Christ
Psalm 8-How majestic is your name in all the earth!

?Look! ? I have an orange one!??A child next to me eating ice cream-
Orange Sherbert ? delighted with what she had- proud to show it off to
any stranger ? she made room for me in her heart- opened the delight
of her heart to me to share something that was new to her- really good-
great even- she trusted in something that allowed her to scream her
delight in something to even a stranger- no fear of strangers-
trusting in something to protect her emotions ? willing to exhibit
delight ? willing to tell of a mystery she couldn?t help but contain-
telling of a majesty of taste?that?s how it should be with Jesus- an
exclamation point of praise- a mystery revealed- I should be willing
to shout with delight to any stranger ?Look!? ? I should trust God
enough ? I should see God in all creation ? I should feel his majesty
in all the earth ? I should make room in my heart for any stranger to
see inside of me- to see the delight I take in Jesus my Savior- God
spoke yesterday- from the heart of a child ? ?Look!- I have and orange
one!?

Prayer- Lord- Look! ? I see you! ? I hear your voice ? out of the
sheer silence I hear your voice- send me today- I know there will be
so many opportunities for me to shout ? Look!- I have a Savior in
Jesus! ? let me tell you about him ?Thanks be to God! ? I look forward
to that chance to proclaim your majesty. -- Amen

No comments: