Tuesday, August 02, 2005

August 2nd People Reflection

Tuesday 8/2/2005

2 Corinthians 1.1-2.4-God is also the one who chose us and put his Spirit in our hearts to that that we belong only to him.

2 Kings 14-Amaziah did not destroy the local shrines, and they were still used as places for offering sacrifices.

Micah 4.1-5.1-Others may follow their gods, but we will always follow the LORD our God.

Acts 16.6-15-The Lord opened her heart to listen eagerly to what was said

Mark 3.20-30-truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins

Psalm 27-The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?

"Make sure you keep your fluids up."- advice from the doctor yesterday- today it reminds me of baptism- how God pours out his Spirit upon me- fills my heart to overflowing with gifts and love- gives me all the reason I need in this world to follow only him- to see the shrines of my sin and destroy them – to open my heart day after day to listen eagerly to what God has to say – to let God keep my fluids up- way up- up and over the top- because I know of this great thing God has done for me- through Jesus- my savior- the one who paid that great price to show a love to me- to forgive my sins and to give me life- a light and my salvation- I need not fear illness or death at all- Jesus will keep my fluids up- day after day- and I can’t wait to listen eagerly to what he has to say!

Prayer- Lord, fill me up this day- I open my heart to you – pour it on- fill it up and let me feel the joy of your salvation- for it’s all through you- help me to find those sinful shrines in my life and destroy them- you are my God and my Savior! -- Amen

No comments: