Monday, August 08, 2005

August 8th People Reflection

Monday 8/8/2005

2 Corinthians 9-Thank God for his gift that is too wonderful for words!

2 Kings 22.1-23.35-Josiah reforms Judah-but his son disobeys God-good and bad

Nahum 3-God punishes and eliminates evil

Acts 18.1-11-do not be afraid, but speak and do not be silent; for I am with you

Revelation 22.1-5-Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life

Psalm 46-There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God

"For our worship is about God and not about us."- A statement made before singing at a large church by the Music Leader- Yea- I worship- I worship and thank God for a gift that is too wonderful for words! – too wonderful for music- I hope I please God with what I offer- with my praise and adoration- with my prayers- I want to please God- cause I can see throughout time how often we drift from him- how often I stray – I need to return time after time- and God shows me the way- he encourages me and leads me out to speak his story- he feeds me with that ever-flowing river of life- that rives that makes glad the city of God – "For our woship is about God and not about us." – Hear my praise dear Lord.

Prayer- Yes Lord, it’s all about you- you are my Savior- you are my God- you are my Creator- you sustain me in all life- Thank you – I will praise your name forever. --- Amen

No comments: