Sunday, November 14, 2004

November 14th

Sunday 11/14/2004
James 2 - Treat all people the same - Obey this commandment - -love others as much as we love ourselves. - I am guilty of not obeying all the laws therefore I have broken all the laws - but God is merciful - faith leads to good deeds - act - don’t just have faith - act on faith - faith and action works together - faith that doesn’t do anything is dead
Jeremiah 23-24 - There is hope - God will rescue the Jews from Babylon - they will live in Israel again - they will have a mighty king - and God will rule -- there is hope for me too - don’t listen to false prophets - they tell you just what you want to hear and not the truth -- God is God - God is everywhere - both near and far - in heaven and on earth - Jeremiah had a vision of two baskets of figs in the temple - one was full of good figs the others was full of rotten figs - the good figs will be broght back and palnted and God will build them up - the bad figs will be scattered
Psalm 130 - I wait for God with all my heart - I trust in his promises- Trust in God - He is merciful and will save me from my sin
Think of all the saints there are because of Jesus act of love on the cross.
God forgives
Luke 21.5-8 - Don’t go after false gods - some will come to claim they are the returning Christ but aren’t
Lamentation 3.19-27 - the steadfast love of God never stops - his mercies never come to an end - they are new every morning - God is good to those who wait - hope in God
Psalm 42 - Hey! The deer song! -- “As a deer long for flowing stream, so my soul longs for you, O God.� - sometimes I get down -- why? - my hope is in God - don’t get down
Prayer - Mercy- Hope - Trust -- Have mercy on me Lord Jesus - I am a sinner - Forgive me I pray - I place all my hope and trust in you - it’s only through you that I may have life - thank you for this gift of life - for the salvation you freely give - thank you for this ministry you give - for the opportunity to serve the poor and needy - the helpless - those who mourn. You are God and today I will praise you and give thanks to you. Refresh me - renew me - build my faith and let me see your face -- Then I pray that you will send me into the world to give the love you show me - to show the love you give me - to be love to those in need - to build others up in their faith- to show others what a beautiful person God has created in each one of them and to show the hope that each person has in you. This is your world and all your people to care for - use me. --- Amen

No comments: