Tuesday, November 16, 2004

November 16th

Tuesday 11/16/2004
John 4 - Try to get along with each other - don’t be greedy for things - you will do anything to get those things - be humble and don’t say cruel things about other people- don’t brag -- can I control tomorrow? -- be humble because my life is not mine - it belongs to God - only God can control tomorrow -- don’t fool yourself into thinking you are more than what you are - God is God -- not me!
Jeremiah 27-28 - So here God goes again using Jeremiah for some object lesson - I bet Jeremiah loved this stuff! -- God told Jeremiah to make a wooden yoke and put it on his neck with leather straps - God sent Jeremiah with a message to many nations that God has chosen to give King Nebuchadnezzar power over them -- God chose this -- not King Neb or anyone else - God is God! - The yoke Jeremiah is wearing stands for the power to destroy anyone who refuses to obey King Neb - All were to obey King Neb - So along come the prophet Hananiah who says that in two years the yoke on the neck of the nations opposing King Neb witll be smashed -- well this went against what Jeremiah said God said -- so they get in a tussel and Hananiah grabs the wooden yoke from Jeremiah and smashes it- and says that God says the wooden yoke will be smashed within two years -- So Jeremiah leaves and God tells him that God will put an iron yoke on the nations and that Hananiah wasn’t speaking for God- Hananiah died tow months later -- this whole bunch of fussing over false prophets - God is God -- why try to mislead?
Psalm 132 - Come home God - come to me I pray
God freely gives His grace and life. I must change my heart and turn to God and grow in His Light.
You protect me - you preserve and keep me form sin and evil- I want to serve you and please you.
Jonah 1.17-2.10 - Jonah was in the belly of the fish 3 days and 3 nights- sounds like Jesus in the tomb - then back to the baptism - Jonah prayed to God - he was surrounded by the waters about to die in his sin - Jonah changed - he realized that God is God -- and the fish puked Jonah up from the waters of his sin to a new life and a call from God
1 Thessalonians 3.6-13 - Increase and abound in love for one another - encourage and support each other
Psalm 146 - Praise God- don’t trust in just people- put your trust in God - God keeps faith forever - place your hope in Him
Prayer - Lord my life is in your hands -- let me put my trust in you this day - help me to stay humble and feel your power - you are God - I will go where you send me - today I don’t know what is going to take place - but I will trust and know your presence there with me - I give you thanks for all the blessings you give me in life - I don’t deserve any of them but you are kind and merciful - help me to put to the best use what you have given me - help me to show the love you give to this world - help me to reflect your light in this dark world and to love others. Send me today I pray -- Puke me onto that ground you wish for me to walk and lead and guide me along the way. ---- Amen

No comments: