Wednesday, November 17, 2004

November 17th

Wednesday 11/17/2004
James 5 - Don’t love money - love God - be patient until the Lord returns - but that can be easy to - cause even though someday he will return - Jesus gave us the Spirit to lead and guide me - he is with me always - speak for God and expect suffering - praise God in suffering - God is merciful and kind - trust in God - if you are having trouble - pray - if you are feeling good - sing praises - if you are sick - ask others to pray for you - if you have faith when you pray for others who are sick they will get better - God will heal them -- God will forgive- if you sinned - tell each other then pray for each other and be healed - “the prayer of an innocent person is powerful, and it can help a lot.�--Fix my heart on God and remain faithful to the one who calls me
Jeremiah 29-30 - So the people were taken to Babylonia from Jerusalem and Judah -- Jeremiah wrote a letter of message from God -- Advising the people to settle down in Babylon - start a new life - live life -- God will forgive them - they must turn back to God - the faithful will return to Jerusalem someday - but not now- so take the situation you are in and live it for God - it will get better - turn your hearts and worship back to God - We belong to God- don’t forget that - I can worship God anywhere - even in exile - he is in the center of the temple of my heart - God is God
Psalm 133 - Live together in peace - God blessed me with everlasting life
God freely gives His grace and life. I must change my heart and turn to God and grow in His Light.
Fear, love and trust God above everything
Jonah 3.1-4.11 - So Jonah goes to Nineveh telling them that they will be overthrown -- well the people of Nineveh believed - repented and turned back to God - God was gracious and merciful and slow to anger and forgave the people and did not overthrow Nineveh -- well this ticked Jonah off because he knew God was good and the whole call was a waste of his time - so Jonah wanted to sit down and die -- I get this way too sometimes - when I get upset over some stupid thing - but this is when I’m wrong and sinful - cause now I’m thinking of me - I’m not thinking of God and his call - so God had a bush come up over Jonah to shade him - then the next day the bush died cause God sent a worm to attack the bush -- the point of the bush was that Jonah was concerned about this bush - but he wasn’t concerned about all the people and animals of Nineveh - he should care for the people and love them and forget his own stupid plan - God is God - if God wants to save people even when the message I have to give is the opposite - fine -- God is God - I’m sinful if I worry about the message -- Some people take the last verse of chapter 4 to indicate that animals will be in heaven - because God has concern for every creature in the universe, even animals. The divine love extends beyond any covenant.
Ezekiel 36.24-38 - I will sprinkle clean water on you and you shall be clean - A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit - I will be God’s - God will be my God - God will save me - I will remember my sin and repent - God will forgive me - sounds like my whole life in a few verses
Psalm 51 - Have mercy on me and forgive me- I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me - teach me wisdom in my secret heart - create in me a clean heart - I will teach sinners and they will return to you - open my lips to declare your praise - I will sacrifice to you a broken spirit and contrite heart
Prayer - Lord I pray - I pray for healing of friends - I pray for comfort for the poor - I pray that you will come to others - I also repent - I repent of sins - I repent of selfishness- I repent for turning away - forgive me - change my heart - give me wisdom - give me guidance - sprinkle me with that clean water of love anf forgiveness - send me out today to sprinkle you water of love on those I meet today - I pray today and always - for you are God!! --- Amen

No comments: