Monday, November 29, 2004

November 29th reflections

Monday 11/29/2004
Galatians 3.21-4.20 - Sin controls everyone - Gods’ promises of life will be for anyone who has faith in Jesus - through Jesus we are set free from the Law and made God’s children -then God graciously sends his Spirit to us - God knows me
Lamentations 1-2 - A sad poem of Jerusalem’s destruction - all because the people turned from God and worshiped other gods -- Shine you face on me and may I never turn away.
Psalm 145 - I will praise and honor God - he takes care of me - he takes care of all creation - celbrate and sing for he is merciful and his kingdom will never end
Remember your stories and give thanks. Remember your stories of God’s love - way back in time - way deep in my heart - stories now present today and love deep inside
I want to go up the mountain of God - learn - see- believe
At great cost Jesus saved me - I want to live for him and serve him
Psalm 19.1-6 - The heavens tell of God’s glory -- see that brightly shining star!
Mark 1.1-8 - Prepare the way of the Lord -- get ready - be ready - now - he is here -- do something
Psalm 90 - for a thousand years in your sight are like yesterday when it is past - satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, os that we may rejoice and be glad all our days
Prayer - Lord I turn to you today - I repent of my sins and ask your forgiveness- It’s time to turn and hear the call of John the Baptist - it’s time to get ready - it’s time to be ready - it’s time to feel your love - it’s time to feel your forgiveness- it’s time to act - it’s time to see you - it’s time and I give you thanks - for you are a glorious god - your light shines so brightly form you that all creation lights up with your glory - may I always sing praises to you oh God -- Amen

No comments: