Friday, November 19, 2004

November 18-19 reflections

Thursday 11/18/2004
1 Peter 1 - Jesus gave me new life -and hope that lives on - God has something stored up for me in heaven that won’t decay, get ruined or disappear. -- “Just one more surprise�- Borning Cry I think? -- have faith - God will protect you - trust in him - Love Jesus - yes - no words can tell how happy and glad I am to be saved - Jesus rescued me with his blood - he became the sacrificial lamb for me - for my sins he died- he came to lead me to have faith in God - I do! - “Now you sincerely love each other. But you must keep on loving with all your heart. Do this because God has given you new birth…� -I seek and desperately look for God’s living Word that tells me about his love.
Jeremiah 31-32 - God will always love me - He is patient and kind - He will rebuild me - And I will dance for joy and play music - I will praise God and shout joyously to him - God will bring me home to him - I will be part of a great crowd - Like what I see walking to the cross slowly with special people - looking up - seeing God’s grace - and then feeling the presence of many others around me doing the same - there will be a wonderful stream of life giving baptismal water - maybe some of that is even true now in this life - since baptism - God will take care of me - God will dry tears - God wants me near him -God has made a new agreement - “I will write my laws on their hearts and minds. I will be their God, and they will be my people.� - He will forgive my sins and forget the evil I have done - God had Jeremiah buy a field - even though the field would be taken by the Babylonians - Jeremiah prayed to God and wanted to know why he had him do such a strange and senseless thing - God told Jeremiah that yea the Babylonians will take Jerusalem - but someday they will buy and sell this land-- the land was important in the promise of God and the people-- It makes me realize why land is so important still today in this region of the world -- God was setting “hope� for his people even though they are about to be disciplined for turning from God - God knew that they would turn back to him and he would rescue them and restore them - restore me today Lord!
Psalm 134 - Pray - God is creator of heaven and earth
God freely gives His grace and life. I must change my heart and turn to God and grow in His Light.
Call on God in prayer, praise and thanksgiving
Psalm 46 - God is my strength - God is in the midst of the city - me - The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge -- vs. 1 “God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble� -- this is the verse that inspired Luther’s hymn “A Mighty Fortress� -- I notice the above verses 7 and 11 were part of the anthem arrangement also.
Ezekiel 16.6-14 - God rescues me and adorns me in beauty - here is an allegory about how a beautiful woman was taken from a bloody mess - grew - became beautiful - yet was naked - the woman was adorned with jewelry - cleaned up - taken care of in a very loving way and was made perfect - God will make me perfect and blesses me all my life - God takes care of me and will someday make me perfect -- but it is a life time of love with God.
Psalm 93 - God lifts up the floods - how he rescues through baptism
Prayer - Jesus - how you show your love - how you care and take care of me - how you bathe me in your love - how you give me the gifts I need - all I have is yours - lead me to take your love to the world and tell all what you have done. --- Amen

Friday 11/19/2004
1 Peter 2 - Don’t be hateful - don’t be jealous - Jesus is the cornerstone of a new church - we are living stones being used to build a spiritual house - we are also a group of holy priests - God brought me out of darkness and into the light - now I must tell the wonderful things He has done - silent stupid and ignorant people by doing right - respect everyone and show love for everyone - Jesus did not sin or ever tell a lie - he never tried to get even - he made no threats - he had faith in God- carried the burden of my sin- was mailed to the cross so that I would stop sinning and live right- I am healed by his cuts and bruises - I turned away - but now I return to God
Jeremiah 33-34 - God will return the people to the land of Jerusalem - he will give the land back - the time will come when God will appoint a king from the family of David, a king who will be honest and rule with justice - Jesus - A descendant of David will always rule as king of Israel - Jesus lives now and forever - God keeps his promises - there is talk about a ceremony where they cut a calf in two and walk between the parts - this is a strange way that God makes a covenant - I’ve seen it before with Abraham - oh-it’s in the notes too
Psalm 135 - Shout praises to God - Shout! - Come- praise God
God freely gives His grace and life. I must change my heart and turn to God and grow in His Light.
Don’t neglect God’s Word - keep it holy and gladly learn it
Jeremiah 23.1-6 - Don’t scatter God’s people - gather them in - show them what Jesus has already done
Ephesians 2.11-22 - God makes us one with all his chosen people - God makes us holy - God can do this - God is God
Psalm 130 - If God kept track - I couldn’t even stand up - but he forgives- wait for God - hope in God - with God is steadfast love - with God is the power to save- God saves
Prayer - Today I will praise your name - Shout praises to you - for you bring me out of darkness and into your light -- now I must go and tell the world about how you light up my life with your love, hope, salvation, blessing. How your Word shows your light - how you speak daily through your Word and your Spirit - how you use these earthly saints as servants in your kingdom. It is a joy to serve you this day and always - Use me as you wish --- Amen

No comments: