Saturday, November 27, 2004

November 26th reflections

Friday 11/26/2004
Galatians 1 - Paul came to Galatia to preach to the Gentiles - they also are open to God’s salvation - at one time Paul was a staunch Jew - even to the point of persecuting Christians for not following Jewish ceremonies. Circumcision was a huge issue for the Gentiles - but Paul was first called by the grace of God - Jesus appeared to Paul on the road - then Paul acted - before Paul could act, God acted in an action of grace. In my baptism God gave me grace - not I must act.
Jeremiah 47-48 - Disaster is coming to the Philistines and to Moab - God is leading Babylon and cleaning things up. Turn to God!
Psalm 142 - I am completely helpless - I pray to God for mercy!
Wedding gifts to give each other always- Love-Exhortation-Prayer - doesn’t matter if your married or not -- we give all this to each other always
Jesus is King of my life - giver of all good - giver of life - serve and follow his lead
Remember your stories and give thanks. Remember your stories of God’s love - way back in time - way deep in my heart - stories now present today and love deep inside
I believe-I believe-I believe
Isaiah 2.1-5 - Let me walk in the light of God - teach me your ways - let me walk your path
Hebrews 1.1-9 - God speaks to me through his Son- God created the world through Jesus - Jesus the reflection of God’s glory - he sustains all things - thanks for the gift of life on so many levels through Jesus
Psalm 104.1-15 - God - wrapped in light as with a garment - the earth is satisfied with the fruit of God’s work - how much more am I satisfied
Prayer - You saved Paul through your act of grace - you acted first - you acted first in my life - for this I give you thanks and praise - as I look at the days ahead and behind - I see your forgiveness - I see your action - send me out - clothed in your garment of light - to reflect the love you have for the world through me - send me out ot proclaim your glory and power and might - so that all the people can see the wonderful gift of salvation you give to all - the world is yours - you are mighty and powerful - look around - see the miracles of healing - blessing - plenty in food - creation in mountains and starts and oceans - all the life you have set before me - sometimes my eyes must be closed - for miracles seem far away - but look - just look - they are all around - any fool can see them - I’ll bet it makes you wonder - how can these guys not see me present in their world and in their lives and in themselves. Forgive my stupidity and turn me around - Let your light shine through me - I see now! --- Amen

No comments: