Tuesday, November 23, 2004

November 23rd reflections

Tuesday 11/23/2004
2 Peter 1 - Christians share in the privilege the of God - keep learning more and more about God - jmprove your faith by adding goodness, understanding, self-control, patience, and devotion to God
Jeremiah 41-42 - The king of Babylonia had set up Gedaliah as ruler of Judah - but Ishmael came and overthrew him and killed Gedaliah - it was a tricky affair - everything was confusion - so the people left from Judah decided to escape to Egypt -- first they asked Jeremiah to pray for direction from God- Jeremiah did - ten days later he received an answer to stay put in Judah -- I wonder about those ten days of waiting for an answer from God- how much faith is needed to trust that God will answer in his own time - not like what we would expect today with fast service -- who serves who - God is God
Psalm 139 - God looks deep in my heart and knows all about me - God knows everything about me - I can’t understand it - God is always with me - everywhere - He put me together - before I was born God had plans for me - God’s thoughts are far beyond what I can even imagine - Look deep into my heart, God - a mysterious-visual-wisdom seeking psalm with some quiet yet awed feeling of the presence of God overtaking my spirit always -- too much for words to express
Wedding gifts to give each other always- Love-Exhortation-Prayer - doesn’t matter if your married or not -- we give all this to each other always
Jesus is King of my life - giver of all good - giver of life - serve and follow his lead
Help your neighbor improve and protect their means of making a living
Psalm 100 - Come into God’s presence with singing - enter God’s gates with thanksgiving and praise- God is good and his steadfast love endures forever
Isaiah 50.2-10 - Jesus stood firm in the face of persecution - he kept his focus -- keep my focus strong and only towards you
Psalm 86 - Hear my god when I pray - show me your love - listen to my cry - You are God - teach me to walk in your ways - I thank you with my whole heart and will glorify you - save me
Prayer - Sharing and knowing you - but you know me so well - you know me completely - how I revel in your knowledge and wisdom - you are God - I look around and see the beauty of the earth - your creation - life - your are God - in all the small things- but inside - in the center of it all is a love of the heart so deep - a love of Jesus on the cross dying for me - impossible to understand - a deep deep love that you could have avoided but chose not to - send me into the world this day to express your love - that deep deep love of the heart that you send into this world to save all of the lost - the sinful - the needy and the poor --- me too --- Amen

No comments: